Anyone who told you to visit this blog, couldn't have given you any worse advice.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Words of an anti Semite ?.....

to inflate or not inflate



Akiva Eldar, chief political columnist and a senior analyst for the Israeli daily Ha'aretz, questioned about the use and misuse of anti-semitism.

"Look, some people may, if this book Lords of the Land was written by an American journalist, two American journalists, I’m sure that they would be blamed of anti-Semitism, like President Carter was blamed on being anti-Semite. I think that we are doing great damage to anti-Semitism when we use it in the wrong -- in the wrong time and in the wrong context, because there is anti-Semitism, and it's going to be, you know, the cry -- the wolf’s cry, once there will be anti-Semitism. And I’m afraid it's not -- you know, at the end, nobody will listen to us. So I would be very much careful not to inflate the use of anti-Semitism whenever there is criticism".

"For instance, you know, for many years, people were talking about a Palestinian state and negotiations with the PLO. When I was writing articles in the ’80s, in the beginning of the ’80s, in favor of negotiations with the PLO and a two-state solution, some people called me a collaborator with the Palestinians. And if I was not Jewish, they -- I’m sure I would be titled anti-Semite".

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Intellect is Not a Serious Thing, and Never Has Been. It is An Instrument on Which one Plays, That is All

Free Online Dating